In the ever-expanding iGaming sector, publishers are constantly trying to develop innovative and original games that will bring new clients to their platforms. And while brand new games are produced regularly, they all seem like a different shade of the same colour, as they revolve around identical game mechanics.
In 2014, the Bitcoin community broke the stalemate with a never-before-seen gaming format called crash gambling. This fad flooded the market and replaced dice games as a favourite in the crypto sphere.
In the following article, we will dive deeper into what crash gambling is, go over the most popular versions, as well as cover some strategies on how to maximise your profit.
What Is Crash Gambling?
Crash games, AKA crash gambling, are a popular type of online gambling with unique mechanics entirely different from slots, blackjacks, poker, or any other traditional casino game. They are also referred to as multiplier games, as the whole concept revolves around the multiplier index. At the start of each round, players place their bets, and a curve starts to rise. As the curve increases, it boosts the multiplier index, and your goal is to cash out at the optimal time before the curve crashes.
How to Play Crash Gambling Games
Crash games are among the most straightforward games you’ll come across, and their simplicity is their most noteworthy aspect.
At the start of each round, you place your wager, and then the curve “takes off.” The curve represents the value of the multiplier index of your bet. With each moment that passes, it soars higher and higher until it eventually crashes. Your job is to cash out before the crash happens.
Each “flight” starts at a 1.00 multiplier, and the maximum “height” the curve can achieve is either limitless or capped at a certain point (every game has a specific limit). Let’s say you start the round with a ₹100 bet. If you cash out while the curve is still low, say around 1.50, your payout will be ₹150. But, if you wait and the multiplier index gets to 15.00, you will earn ₹1500.
Crash Gambling Strategies
While the basics of crash games seem like a walk in the park, picking the best time to pull out is an entirely different matter. Since the house always wins, the game mechanics are constructed in such a way that there will always be marginally more losses than gains. We’re not implying that crash games are rigged but rather that a safe approach can go a long way.
We’ve compiled a list of rules that will help you keep your losses to a minimum:
- Learn the basics with the demo version — This is the first piece of advice we give to rookies. There is no reason for you to squander money when you haven’t even grasped the basics of the game. Take your time to get acquainted with the rules first, observe the curve, and study any patterns you may notice.
- Slow and steady wins the race — After mastering the fundamentals of the game, you can now safely move on to the real-money version. Start off small, and keep it that way. Losses are inevitable and can hit several times in a row: the best strategy you can deploy here is to keep your stakes moderate to small. After all, crash games are marathons, not sprints.
- Keep your head cool — Crash games have a social aspect to them, as you can track when someone cashes out. Furthermore, they feature a live chat where all participants can engage with one another. But this is not the time to go with the flow. Pull out when you feel the moment is right, and refrain from listening to greedy players. Remember, slow and steady.
- Learn the fundamentals of statistics — You don’t need a college degree in probability to know that nothing is certain when it comes to gambling. Crash games rely on randomness. Every round is a clean slate, and statistics mean little. If the curve has crashed nine times in a row before reaching the 2.00 multiplier, it doesn’t mean it will do so the tenth time, as well.
- Utilise promotions — The majority of online casinos will give you extra credit that you can use to play crash games. Those include sign-up bonuses, as well as daily, weekly and monthly promotions. Get accustomed to collecting these, as they can cut your losses significantly.
- Multiply your bet — Some versions of crash games feature an option to place several bets in one round. You can optimise your chances by simultaneously wagering on a low multiplier and a high one.
- Don’t believe everything you hear — In today’s modern era, quantity of information comes before quality. Many “influencers” or so-called “experts” will claim they know the secret to making a fortune from crash gambling. Do not trust them, as there is no sure way to beat the house.
Choosing the Best Crash Game
Even though they look alike, some crash gambling variations have unique features that clearly separate them from the rest. We’ll provide short reviews of the most popular versions of crash games:
- Aviator — This is perhaps the most famous crash game available on the market. In this version, the multiplier is represented by an aeroplane which doesn’t crash but flies off instead. The game features an unlimited multiplier and an impressive RTP of 97%, which already beats most slots.
Maximum Payout: ₹80,000
Minimum/Maximum Bet: ₹8/₹8000
Maximum Multiplier: Unlimited
- Space XY —Space XY is a game with sophisticated graphics and an impressive payout. It features a rocket flying to space, which is fitting since the maximum payout is capped at a skyrocketing sum of ₹20,000,000. It also has a 97% RTP, while its max multiplier is set at 10,000x.
Maximum Payout: ₹20,000,000
Minimum/Maximum Bet: ₹80/₹8000
Maximum Multiplier: 10,000x
- Crash Original — This version boasts a 100,000x multiplier and an ₹8,000,000 maximum payout reward. While it has a slightly lower return-to-player percentage than the previous two games (96%), it still outmatches most slots. The most noticeable feature of Crash Original is its high maximum bet limit, set at ₹1,600,000.
Maximum Payout: ₹8,000,000
Minimum/Maximum Bet: ₹80/₹1,600,000
Maximum Multiplier: 100,000x
While crash gambling is not flashy or particularly complex, it has a simple charm to it that continuously draws players. It can be nerve-wracking, but on the plus side, adrenaline will keep you from getting bored while following the curve. Crash games can hold their weight against the best slots and jackpots even though they have only been on the market for less than ten years. Time will tell where this type of gambling is headed, but for now, it stands tall among its competition in the iGaming world.