In this day and age it’s very important to be able to fund your online casino account with a payment method that is both safe and secure. Many people are turning to methods which don’t require them to enter their bank details into the casino operators website. The AstroPay card meets this criteria and the best thing about it is, you are able to purchase online at international websites, using your preferred local payment method. AstroPay India allows you to fund your account in Indian Rupees.
Let’s take a look at exactly what it’s all about.
The AstroPay card is a virtual prepaid card that is accepted in thousands of online sites in India and across the world. Of course there are a good number of online gambling sites which accept it as a deposit method a which is why we want to tell you about it.
Who are AstroPay?
AstroPay are a London-based company who have been around since 2009. We actually know fairly little about them as a company but we do know that they are emerging as one of the most popular payment providers for emerging countries across Asia.
Their goal was to allow users to purchase goods online at international websites using their local currency and local payment methods. Their service essentially provides a financial link between consumers and online businesses.
How to Buy an AstroPay Card in India
It’s just as easy to buy AstroPay cards in India as anywhere else. Follow these steps to get your card so you can start using it to securely fund your online gambling accounts.
- To be able to buy an AstroPay card you first need to register at their website – astropaycard.com.
- Complete the registration form.
- Once you have succesfully registered you’ll be able to pick from cards of different amounts. They range from $25 to $500 which is approximately ₹1,700 to ₹34,600. Choose the one that best suits you.
- Next you have to choose your payment method to fund the AstroPay card. Luckily, you can fund your account in Rupees. Choose from payment methods like Bank Transfer, Neteller and other popular Indian methods.
- Receive your card via email or the AstroPay app. Remember this is a virtual card so you won’t receive a physical one in the post. Your virtual card will have a 16 digit number and a CVV security code just like a real one.
- Remember that your card will only be valid for twelve months from the date it was issued.
Why should you use AstroPay?
There are many reasons as to why you should use AstroPay India to deposit at your favourite online casino site. Let’s take a look at them.
- Avoids Payment Rejections – your payment will always be accepted as long as you enter your card details correctly on the deposit page of a gambling site.
- No Local Taxes – the card avoids any tax charges.
- Avoids the need for credit approval – if you have a bad credit rating then this won’t harm your chances of getting a prepaid card. As long as you can fund it then you can get one.
- Secure – when you deposit with the Astropay card you aren’t required to share any of your personal banking details with the casino website.
- No Fees – registration is free and there are no transaction charges for you as the consumer.
- Instant -your deposit will be in your casino account within seconds.
- Sensible – a prepaid card means your spending can’t get out of control. You can only spend what you have.
- Flexible – there are varying prepaid card amounts so you can deposit at increments up to ₹34,600.
- Widely Accepted in India – many online casinos accept AstroPay India as a method of depositing. Take a look at the top of this page to see which ones do.
How to Deposit Money at an Online Casino using AstroPay
- Login to your online casino account.
- Click on Deposit and select the AstroPay Card as your deposit method.
- Select how much you wish to deposit in Rupees.
- Enter the AstroPay Card details; Card Number, Expiry Date and CVV number.
- Click Deposit.
- Your cash will be deposited immediately and you’ll receive confirmation of the transaction.
How to Withdraw Money from an Online Casino to an AstroPay Card
Currently this payment method does not support withdrawals. An AstroPay card can only be used to deposit funds, not withdraw them. So if you have any winnings in your casino account you will have to use a different method to withdraw them. There are many methods available to Indian customers though, so don’t worry. Take a look at some of these options here.