Today, more Indians than ever before are playing online casino games for real money, from table games to video slots online. With so many different types of games to choose from, it can be hard to know which to play - especially if you’re limited to how much time you can spend gambling online. In this piece, we’re going to be taking a look at some of the most common types of online casino games in India that you’ll come across. Later on, we’ll reveal to you which three casino games give you the best chance of beating the house, so that you can maximize your chances of winning money.
Types of Online Casino Game
There are many different types of online casino games - and Indian casinos generally offer their customers an incredibly wide selection to choose from. In this section, we’re going to be taking a look at the main game categories - along with some popular games within each.
Table games are the ‘bread and butter’ of the online gambling industry - and they’re, by far, the most popular of all online casino games. Below, we look at a number of the most popular types of casino table games available to play online.
- Roulette: Roulette is one of the most popular casino games in history - and it’s also incredibly easy to play and easy to learn, meaning you can get started almost instantly. While there are a few different types of online Roulette, most tables are European Roulette tables - and this means there’s 37 numbers in total. To play, you simply need to try and guess which number you think the ball will land in, and if you guess correctly, you win - it’s that simple! This is a true giant of all online casino games.
- Blackjack: Blackjack is another hugely popular table game that’s offered at virtually every land-based casino and also as an online casino game. Here, you play against the dealer, and you're both dealt two cards. Your goal is to try and make your hand as close to 21 as possible. If your hand is then closer to 21 than the dealer’s, you win. Make sure you don’t go over 21, however, or else the game will finish and you’ll automatically lose your stake. Blackjack translates seemlessly from land based casino to your mobile. Making it one of the most popular online casino games in India, and beyond.
- Baccarat: Baccarat is one of the oldest casino games on the planet, and it’s believed to have originated in France in the 18th century. Today, it’s played all over the world and is especially popular at Asian and Indian casinos. Baccarat is quite similar to Blackjack, with the main difference being that you're dealt just one card instead of two. The aim is to make your hand total as close to 9 as possible - and whoever’s hand is closest wins. Baccarat is an especially popular option for those who like to play live online casino games for real money.
Slots are offered at almost every casino on the planet - and they’ve become one of the most popular online casino games amongst Indian players. There are a number of different types of slots, including classic slots, video slots and progressive jackpot games. (We’ll be taking a look at progressive jackpot games a bit later on in this post, so stay tuned.)
Below, we look at five of the most popular video slots which you’ll currently find available to play at online casino in India.
- Immortal Romance: Immortal Romance is a video slot from a game developer called Microgaming - and it’s one of the most famous and most regularly-played slot machines on the planet. The game is themed around a twilight story, and there’s a ton of exciting bonuses and features. For example, in the base game, the Wild Desire feature can trigger on any spin. When this activates, between one and five reels turns completely wild, almost guaranteeing a massive win! There’s also a bonus round, which is triggered by landing 3, 4, or 5 of the scatter symbols anywhere in view.
- Starburst: Starburst is a video slot from a game developer called NetEnt. NetEnt are one of the biggest game developers on the planet, and almost all of their slots and table games can now be enjoyed as online casino games in India. In Starburst, you’ll notice three special wilds are present on the middle three reels. Landing one of these in view will transform that reel into a wild reel, and a free re-spin is awarded. It’s possible to transform all of the middle three reels into wild reels - and this is, clearly, where the game’s main win-potential lies! Starburst is not only one of the biggest slot games around, but, it has to be considered as one of the most famous online casino games.
- Bonanza: Big Time Gaming are an Australian video slot developer, and it’s fair to say that over recent years they’ve completely changed the face of online gambling. Bonanza was the game that started it all, and the reason why it’s so popular is that there aren’t any fixed paylines. Instead, the game uses an engine called ‘Megaways’ - and this varies the number of rows and the number of ways-to-win on each and every spin.
- Book of Dead: Book of Dead is a video slot from a game developer called Play’n Go. It’s one of the most famous video slots on earth, and it’s a slot that’s offered at pretty much every online casino on the planet. The main attraction of Book of Dead is the bonus round, which is triggered by landing 3, 4, or 5 of the scatter symbols anywhere in view. During the bonus, one symbol is chosen at random to become an ‘expanding’ symbol. This means you only need to land two or more symbols anywhere in view to secure a win!
- Dead or Alive: Another game from NetEnt, Dead or Alive is one of the most popular video slots on the planet - and it’s estimated that millions of spins are played through it each and every day. It’s also recently become available to Indian players, which is great news. The famed ‘wildline’ allows players to win thousands of times their bet size, and it’s fair to say it’s one of the most generous video slots ever to be developed - if you can hit the right bonus round.
Live Online Casino Games in India
Live casino games are on the rise, and over the past few years, we’ve seen a ton of new game developers cropping up to offer live dealer games exclusively. Some of the major live casino developers include Evolution Gaming, Authentic Gaming, Betconstruct, Playtech, NetEnt Live, Ezugi, Extreme Live Gaming, Pragmatic Play, Asia Gaming, SA Gaming and LuckyStreak Live.
Live dealer games allow you to play casino table games from the comfort of your home - but instead of seeing a computerized screen, you, instead, will see a real dealer who's streamed to your computer or mobile device through a live video link. It’s a fantastic way of getting ‘closer’ to the action, without actually needing to step foot outside of your home.
Progressive jackpot games are also becoming increasingly common - and they’re offered at a huge number of online casinos these days. While they may sound complex, they’re actually pretty straightforward - and here’s how they work.
Essentially, each time you play a progressive jackpot game, a tiny portion of your stake is deducted and added to the jackpot total. This total then increases to grow, until one lucky player manages to line up the required symbols in order to win it. It’s not uncommon for progressive jackpot games to reach life-changing sums of money - and this is one of the main reasons why we’re seeing so many players choosing to play them! Mega Moolah is quite possibly the pick of the bunch. Take a look at our Mega Moolah review before giving it a try yourself.
Progressive jackpots produce the biggest winners of all online casino games! It's also worth mentioning that many online lotteries have progressive jackpots which increase until someobdy scoops the lot. The record lottery jackpot ever won was over $1 billion!
As you’d expect, most online casinos in India like to cater to their players - and that's one of the main reasons why we’ve seen a number of Indian-themed games cropping up. Below, we look at three of the most popular and commonly played Indian games which have been transformed into online casino games.
- Teen Patti: Teen Patti is a traditional Indian card game that works in a very similar fashion to 3-Card Poker. It’s played with between 2 and 6 people (including the dealer), and it uses a regular 52-card deck of playing cards. Each player is dealt three cards face down - and you then get to make a few decisions about what to do with your hand. Now it's the most popular of all of the online casino games India.
- Andar Bahar: Andar Bahar is another really popular Indian card game, and it’s often played for its simplicity. (Virtually anyone can play Andar Bahar - and you don’t need to worry about rules, as it’s incredibly straightforward and easy-to-play.) Also known as Katti, Andar Bahar is a simple 50/50 game, and you play directly against the dealer. If your hand is better than the dealer’s, you win - that’s all there is to it!
- Dragon Tiger: Dragon Tiger is actually a game that originated in China - yet despite its far-Eastern background, it’s become a popular choice for those who like online casino games in India. It’s quite similar to Baccarat - and there are two hands; the Dragon, and the Tiger. Before the hand begins, you simply place a bet on which hand you think will win - and if you guess correctly, you win - it’s that simple! Many Dragon Tiger tablets now also allow you to place additional side bets, on things like whether you think the hand will be a tie.
- Jhandi Munda: One of India's real classic games has had a face lift and taken the step to become an online sensation. In essence, this is a dice game which is all about luck. While you can have influence over your choice of bets, you can't have any real influence on the outcome of the Jhandi Munda game. This doesn't take away from the fact that it's a fun casino game to play .
- Rummy: This is a game which has truly been adopted by Indians and can now be considered one of our own! Online Rummy is quite possibly the most popular of all online casino games in the country. It's played with played with two or more players, and 2 decks of cards if the number of players is more than five. The aim of the game is to be the first player at the table to arrange the cards you’re dealt into particular combinations like three of a kind or a straight.
Online Casino Games for Real Money: your best 3 chances of winning!
If you’re interested in finding out about the best online casino games to play - to improve your chances of actually winning - then first of all, well done. That’s a great question to ask! In this section, we look at three of the best online casino games for real money to play if you’re interested in boosting your chances of winning. Interestingly, they are all table games.
Blackjack is famed for its low house edge - and if you play according to basic strategy (a group of mathematical rules that dictate the best-possible playing style), you can reduce the house edge to just a fraction of a percentage. In real talk, this means that each time you play, you’ll have a much better chance of actually winning the hand. Therefore, a better chance of beating online casino games for real money.
Craps is a popular table game that’s found at most land-based casinos in America - although, unfortunately, it’s not as widely popular at online gambling websites yet. That being said, it is a feature in the online casino games lobby found on a number of gambling wesbites featured on Lucky Dice - you may just need to search around a bit before finding it. Now, when you play Craps, it’s incredibly simple - and the reason why it’s recommended here is that if you place the right bets, the house (the casino) doesn’t actually have any edge! Yes, that’s right; the house edge is 0% when you place the correct mathematical bets.
Baccarat is another popular casino table game that offers an extremely low house edge. While it’s not quite as low as Blackjack or Craps, it’s still negligible - although you do need to make sure that you’re betting on the ‘Player’ box and not the ‘Banker’ box. Why? Because, in order to make their money, the casinos charge what’s known as a commission on all winning Banker bets. What this means is that you’ll need to pay a 5% ‘tax’ on any win back to the casino. Because of this, we would always recommend that you choose to bet on the “player’ box only, as this will maximize your potential winnings.
As you can see, players have a wide variety of online casino games in India to choose from. With so many out there - and so many software providers actually creating the games - it can be hard to know which games to choose to play. As a general rule of thumb, the most important thing to remember is that gambling is gambling. That means you won't always win. So, it’s much better to choose a few online casino games you actually enjoy playing, rather than slogging away on one that you’re not enjoying.
Most game developers will also let you try out their online casino games for free in so-called ‘Demo Mode’. This allows you to get a feel for the game without risking any of your own cash, and it’s a fantastic way of getting a feel for them without any risk. But if you are ready, and do want to play online casino games for real money then check out our suggested games at the top of the page.