Indian online casinos are rapidly growing in popularity. Many of the internet’s leading casino brands now operate online casinos which are open and accepting of Indian players. As these worldwide casinos generally tend to offer slots and casino games from leading and top-tier software developers, Indians often have a wealth of popular games to choose from.
The truth of the matter is that the types of games you can play at Indian online casinos aren’t that different from those that you can find elsewhere. So, what are Indian players trying their hand at right now? What is popular? As you might expect slots lead the way…
What Slots Can I Play at Indian Casino Sites?
By and large, players at Indian casinos will have access to the same quality slot machines you can find at other sites. Many top Indian betting domains have over a thousand games to offer, and most consist of slots. These slots often include the following variants:
- Classic Slots/Fruit Machines: The most basic type of slot around. These typically consist of three reels and very few paylines. Some may offer wild symbols, but special features are generally absent, and much of the imagery consists of fruit icons, bars and bells.
- Video Slots: These games tend to be played over 5 reels, and most carry 9 or more paylines. Some may have as many as 50, or 243 ways to win. Video slots usually carry non-progressive jackpots and have unique themes. Video slots also support special features, such as free spins, wild symbols, scatter icons, click and win rounds, randomly triggered bonuses and more.
- 3D Slots: These games are essentially the same as video slots, although with 3D imagery and animated features on the reels.
- Mobile Slots: Once again, these slots tend to be based on the video slot format, although they are designed with mobile users in mind. Expect to see big, finger and thumb-friendly buttons aplenty.
- Jackpot Slots: Also known as progressive slots, these are very similar to video slots. The primary difference is that they carry uncapped jackpots. These rise with each bet until they are won. They may be won via symbols on a payline, at random or via bonus rounds.
In some cases, players will also find other games to play. Lately, Net Entertainment’s Cluster Pays slots, and a variety of MegaWays games have been springing up at Indian casinos.
- Cluster Pays: These games don’t feature paylines, and instead require players to land wins by grouping together symbols. They often see winning icons removed, with new ones dropping down in their stead, offering Indian players multiple chances to win with a single spin.
- MegaWays: Originally developed by BTG, the engine can now be found in many developer’s slots. These typically feature a random number of paylines on each spin (often up to 117,649) and use the same collapsible symbols (removal of winning icons and re-spins) feature as Cluster Pays games. They are amongst the most volatile slots you can find at Indian casinos.
Indian Casino Software Providers
As mentioned, players at Indian casinos will note that many of the same software providers kit out these sites, as they do in Europe and beyond. Your average Indian casino will contain a good mix of top-tier, mid-rank and smaller-scale software developers.
Net Entertainment, Yggdrasil and Play ‘n Go represent the biggest and best developers in the business catering to Indian casinos. Software providers such as Red Tiger Gaming, Pragmatic Play, No Limit City and BetSoft Gaming are renowned developers who also provide a surplus of games to Indian casinos.
Some of the most notable Indian casinos may also feature in-house or proprietary software from fledgling providers. Others may be signed up to Microgaming’s Quickfire platform and can thus offer games from a variety of smaller developers via this system.
The Hottest Slots at Indian Casinos
We know at luckydice.in that slots have proven particularly popular with players at Indian online casino sites. However, which ones tend to get played the most. To find out which slots give a lot of mileage to Indian players, we decided to experiment.
We visited a variety of Indian casinos and looked at which games regularly appear in the most played, most popular and top-rated lists at those casinos. The results were surprising, and it reveals that some games at Indian casinos are strikingly more popular in the sub-continent than in Europe or elsewhere.
Amongst the five hottest slots being played at Indian casinos right now are:
- Aztec Gold: MegaWays: One of the few iSoftBet games to feature the MegaWays engine. This highly volatile slot has an Aztec theme and can deliver up to 117,649 randomly triggered paylines on each spin.
- Prosperity Palace: This Asian-themed slot has been produced by Play ‘n Go. It is played over 5 reels and 10 paylines and rewards players with wild symbols free spins and additional wilds which only appear in the feature.
- Rocket Men: Red Tiger Gaming’s Rocket Men is a comedic take on the Trump vs. Kim Jon-Un war of words. The slot is very tongue-in-cheek stuff and contains a wealth of randomly triggered bonuses for Indians to enjoy.
- Sticky Bandits: Quickspin’s Wild West-themed adventure slot has a generous RTP of 96.58% and offers 30 lines of action. It is most notable for its two wild reels, and as its title suggests, sticky wilds can spring up during its entertaining free spin round.
- Finn and the Swirly Spin: Ordinarily, Starburst is amongst the most popular NetEnt slots. In Indian casinos, that tends to be Finn and the Swirly Spin. The Cluster Pays game features a unique Spin system, randomly triggered base game features, and naturally, a free spins round.
The list of the most played and popular slots in India is surprising and differs from those found in European casinos. However, that doesn’t mean to say that Europe’s most popular slots aren’t available, too. These can be played just as easily at Indian casinos, which can offer everything and anything you might seemingly want to play online.