Playing at an online casino in one country will inevitably see you able to deposit with different methods than at domains ideally suited for players in another country. Indian online casinos, for instance, sometimes feature banking options which can be found nowhere else. Amongst the array of Indian bank options provided at top sites, players will also find global options. Together these make quite the array of payment methods to choose from.
If you’re new to the world of Indian online casino gaming, though, you may need a helping hand deciding which option is the best. Fortunately, we’re here to show you exactly what types of banking options you can expect to see at leading Indian online casino sites.
Debit and Credit Cards
Virtually every online casino in the world accepts debit and credit card options, and Indian casinos are no different. Indian online casinos don’t just accept VISA, MasterCard, Maestro, VISA Electron and VISA Debit, though. Some also accept American Express and other bank cards.
It is also worth noting that Indian casinos may also offer bank transfer options. These are typically available via Indian banks, and which options you have open to you depends on where in India you reside. They can also vary from site to site.
Indian casinos are known to accept e-wallets. Almost all will accept deposits made using Skrill or Neteller, with both hugely popular with Indian players for online shopping, gambling and other internet purchases. You’re not going to find PayPal here, but a few other less famous e-wallet options, such as Payeer may also be available. These have an advantage on credit card deposits, as at no point do you have to hand over your bank details to the casino. This makes e-wallets a more secure option for Indians.
Using a prepaid card is one of the safest ways you can go about depositing at an Indian casino. All players need to do is purchase a coupon or voucher from Paysafecard (or another service), and then enter the code on their coupon or voucher into their space provided at the casino. An account will instantly be topped up. There is a drawback to prepaid cards, though. They cannot be used for withdrawals. This kind of negates the security side of things, as you will inevitably have to provide your bank details if you wish to cash out your winnings.
Wire transfers should only really be used as a last resort. They are notoriously expensive and slow to use. A typical wire transfer can cost anything from $20 up to $70, and they can (at times) take five to seven business days to go through. This can also be the case with deposits, as well as withdrawals. If you’re out of options, wire transfers make sense. Otherwise, we’d use one of the many other options out there.
Some Indian casinos are starting to accept cryptocurrencies. Options such as Bitcoin, Ethereum, Dogecoin, Litecoin, Bitcoin Cash and Tether (USDT) have their perks. They are secure, offer a mild degree of anonymity, are usually free from fees and provide lightning fast deposit and withdrawal times. However, if you are new to online gambling, and aren’t quite familiar with cryptocurrencies either, it can be too tall an order for you to get to grips with. On top of that, cryptocurrency markets are notoriously volatile, which is worth considering.
Do Indian casinos charge withdrawal fees?
Like any online casino sites, some Indian casinos have withdrawal fees in place, and others don’t. The trick is finding a top Indian casino which either doesn’t charge you for cashing out your winnings or keeps the fee low. On some occasions, it won’t be the case that charges a fee at all, but the payment method. This, as we’ve said, can be common enough with wire transfers. Either way, it is something to look out for.
Transaction times at Indian online casinos
Players won’t want to wait too long to get hold of their winnings, and nor should they. Most Indian casinos will happily process transactions as quickly as they can. There may be pending periods (during which time withdrawals can often be reversed) to contend with. Sometimes, it is the payment methods themselves which slow things down.
The general rule is that you can expect cryptocurrency and e-wallet cashouts in under 24 hours (after the pending period), and card/bank transfer payments in anything from 1-5 business days. Wire transfers not only cost more, but they can take anything from 3 to 7 days to clear, sometimes longer.
The Ins and Outs of Indian Banking Options at Online Casinos
There are a couple of other things which are worth looking out for with banking options at Indian casinos. These include:
- Deposit Limits: Make sure you know how little you can get away with depositing, and what the cap is on deposits. Casinos which promote responsible gambling will have deposit caps, but not all sites do.
- Withdrawal Limits: Similarly, you will want to ensure that you can withdrawal small figures and that there aren’t low caps on the maximum amount you can cash out. Some of these withdrawal limits may be daily, weekly or monthly. It may also be possible to raise those limits by navigating your way up the loyalty ladder and becoming a VIP player. Ideally, any Indian casino you want to play at won’t have maximum withdrawal caps, or they at least be flexible.
- Availability: Some Indian casinos are global domains, so the payment methods they offer may suit players in other countries but not those in India. PayPal, for instance, cannot be used by casino players in India but can be used by players in the UK. Check the availability of any banking options before you use them.
- INR Currency: If you don’t want to wager with cryptocurrencies or US dollars, it helps if you check that your chosen banking option can process payments using Indian rupees.
- KYC Procedure: If you want to withdraw large sums, you may have to verify your account. This is done by handing over documents to customer support. It is a security feature and one we advise you to go through.
Aside from that, everything else concerning payment methods at Indian casinos featured on this site should be relatively plain sailing for all players.
* New customers only. 50% matched bonus based on first deposit of ₹1000+
+ 290 Free Spins
* New customers only. use 290SPINS promo code