Skrill are an online payments website which is well-known for providing a secure service for casino and betting accounts around the world. The Skrill website even highlights the fact that they’re a great option for depositing funds on a gaming site. So is Skrill legal in India? Yes….Skrill India is a fantastic, and legal, payment method we can use to deposit and withdraw money for our casino accounts. In this review we are going to find out who they are, how to use them and discover exactly what Skrill 1 Tap is.
Who are Skrill?
Skrill are a huge online payments company who are owned by the Paysafe Group – who also own Neteller. They have their head office in London but also have local offices around the world. The company was established in 2001 and at that time ran under the familiar name of Moneybookers. Since then they rebranded as Skrill and have been one of the leading online payment providers in the world of online casino.
Should you trust Skrill?
The short and simple answer is yes. If you are going to trust anyone online to transfer money it should be these guys. They are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under the Electronic Money Regulations act. When a multinational company like Skrill are authorised by such a well-respected and necessary authority it means that we can completely trust them.
Is Skrill Legal in India?
Yes Skrill is completely legal in India. It’s one of the listed territories on the actual Skrill website. You can also order a Skrill card to use just like a debit card – this card can be ordered from and shipped to India. Once you have this card you will be able to take cash out at an ATM rather than needing to transfer your funds to your Indian bank account and then withdrawing them.
So it’s certainly worth ordering a card as it essentially removes one step from the withdrawal process. The fact that they will deliver a card to you also confirms the answer to the question: is Skrill legal in India? Yes.
How to Register with Skrill in India
Opening a Skrill account in India is a fairly straightforward process and will take you only a matter of minutes. Check out the five simple steps below:
- Go to the Skrill website and click Register.
- The registration form requires you to enter your name, country, currency, email address and password. Then click Register Now.
- You are now ready to deposit and withdraw at an online casino or transfer money.
Why Should you use Skrill?
- Bonuses – Not many people know this, but there are special offers you can get as a Skrill user. On their website you can head to their Showcase where you can see what we’re talking about. On there you will see exclusive offers for 1xBet, Bet365 and JeetPlay. To claim these bonuses you just need to deposit to that online casino with your Skrill India account.
- Quick and Secure – Everything from the registration process to bank transfers and withdrawing funds with Skrill is quick and secure. At no stage should you be worried about security or get frustrated with speed. The best part, or most secure part shall we say, is that you don’t ever have to give your personal banking details to a casino site.
- Rupees – You can set the currency to nearly anything you want, Indian Rupees being one of the options. Therefore you don’t need to worry about any hidden costs or exchange rates when it comes to transferring funds or making international payments.
- Perfect for Gambling – Many online payment methods are great for shopping on the internet but are prohibited by online gambling sites. Not this one. Skrill deposits and withdrawals are accepted at nearly all online casino sites. For this reason, the process of transferring funds for the purpose of gambling has been streamlined to make it as easy as possible for us all.
How to Deposit Money at an Online Casino using Skrill
As you might have guessed, the process to deposit money at a casino with Skrill is quick and secure. Follow these steps:
- Login to your online casino account and click on deposit.
- Choose the option of Skrill and then enter how much you wish to deposit in Indian Rupees. Click Deposit. (Ensure the amount you enter isn’t more than your current Skrill balance)
- Now you will be redirected to the Skrill website where you have to enter your username and password.
- Complete the deposit via the Skrill website.
- Once you have completed the transaction you will receive an ‘Order Approved’ message. Click ok to return to the casino site where you will see your wallet has been credited.
- Now you are ready to play!
How to Withdraw Money from an Online Casino to your Skrill Account
This process is even quicker than the previous one to deposit. To withdraw money follow these steps, but be aware that you have to have made a deposit within the last 180 days using your Skrill account.
- Login to your online casino account and click on withdraw.
- Choose the option of Skrill and then enter how much you wish to withdraw in Indian Rupees. Click Withdraw. (Ensure the amount you enter isn’t more than your casino wallet balance)
- After reviewing the request the online casino will transfer the funds to your Skrill India account. This usually takes less than 24 hours once the request has been processed.
Through a combination of transaction monitoring, transaction verification and a dedicated anti-fraud team, Skrill make themselves a completely secure online payment option for casino customers in India.
The fact that they market themselves as a great option for gambling deposit and withdrawals is a huge plus, coupled with the fact that we can’t find a casino that doesn’t accept Skrill as a method of payment. Skrill India is a great option that you shouldn’t ignore.